Friday, January 13, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap

A few months ago I came upon a recipe for laundry soap I went nuts I never even thought of doing that which I don't know why. I wouldn't stop telling my boyfriend about it, I was just so excited about the possiblilty of saving money. I love spending money but I love saving even more! I'm a cheapskate what can I say. 


What you need:
3 Bars of soap (I used Fels-Naptha Soap but you can also use Zote though those are pretty big so 2 would be fine)
1 box of Borax 
1 box of Baking Soda
1 box of Superwashing Soda 
2 small containers of Oxyclean (I left this out)
Bucket
Cheese grater or food processor 


I started by grating the bars of soap (it was a pain in the butt but someone had to do it!)
I made sure that I poured some of each little by little so it would all be nice and mixed. And that's it!


I only use about 2 tbs per load seems like a little but it cleans my clothes really well!
Doesn't it look like cheese! I would keep it covered if you have children running around we don't want them to confuse it with food!

Next time I'll tell you about Homemade Hand/Body Soap 





No comments:

Post a Comment